Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey , one of the nation's leading
classic theatre companies, offers a variety of volunteer opportunites,
both behind-the-scenes and in the front-of-house. Work in
a fun, fast-paced environment while serving as a liaison between
the theatre and our patrons. Assist with ushering, concessions,
taking tickets, and running our gift shop! In return for each
volunteer session, you will receive a ticket voucher allowing
you to see a performance free of charge.
great opportunity to build your résumé, fulfill
a community service requirement, or to just be a part of the
are available May through December!
For more information, contact Roxie Zeek, House Manager at:
973-408-3694 or email@example.com
- Must attend one volunteer orientation meeting (TBA)
- Greet and welcome patrons.
- Distribute programs and escort patrons to their
- Offer assistance to patrons as needed.
- Serve concession items (coffee, cappuccino, soft
drinks, snacks) in an
expedient and friendly manner.
- Process transactions for concession and gift shop
- Prepare gift shop items (tag, inventory, set-up).
- Assist patrons with gift shop selections.
- Be familiar with Theatre productions, activities
- Experience in customer service is required.
- Must display courtesy and professionalism when dealing
with general public.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle patron
situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale systems is helpful.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment.
White shirt/blouse, long khaki slacks, dress shoes/sandals
White shirt/blouse, dark slacks, dress shoes